Welcome to Year 1 at Begbrook Primary Academy! You have now moved up to key stage one and this is such an exciting time. Some of the learning highlights in Year 1 include:
- being authors and immersing ourselves in the story of Biscuit Bear by Mini Grey. We will write labels and captions as well as make our own biscuit bears out of salt dough!
- being scientists and learning about our senses. We love hands on learning and we enjoy getting stuck into different experiments.
- being artists and learning about colour mixing. We will explore with different media to see what happens when we mix colours together! We use artistic language like ‘primary colours’ and ‘secondary colours’ to explain what we’ve learnt.
- being geographers and exploring the local area. We will go on welly walks and use maps to plan our route.
- being historians and learning about how your teacher’s childhood was different from your own. We explore artefacts and marvel at how technology, toys and fashion have changed over time!
If government guidelines allow, children in year 1 get the opportunity to go to We the Curious to consolidate our science learning on different materials.