Year 5 is full of exciting learning which is sure to stretch your brains! We have some fantastic units in our curriculum that will engage and inspire you.
- Through PSHE and neuroscience, we learn how we can make our brains bigger and stronger and how our decisions can make us even more awesome.
- When we are authors, we explore the worlds of Shaun Tan and J. K. Rowling through their books and learn skills which help us to be better authors ourselves.
- Through our Science units, we discover how atoms and particles make up every single thing in our universe. We study our circulatory and respiratory systems – and even make our own fake blood – to understand how oxygen travels around our bodies to keep us alive.
- As Historians, we learn more about the mighty Romans and learn of the amazing inventions they conjured which impacted not only their lives but ours too!
- Being artists means we immerse ourselves into the creative world of Kris Trappiers and other artists to create our own pieces of art using different drawing styles and techniques.
- As Geographers, we study our location in the world and the differences between cities, counties, countries and continents. We do this by using geological resources such as maps, atlases, globes and digital mapping.
- We are also sport stars! We learn how to be team players and practise positive attitudes as well develop our physical skills such as balance and coordination.