Welcome to Year 4 at Begbrook Primary Academy! Some of the learning highlights in Year 4 include:
- being scientists and studying the phenomena of sound and light. We will explore how sound and light travel; how we hear and see; and what happens to both sound and light in a vacuum.
- being historians and immersing ourselves into the blood thirsty world of the Saxons. We will discover how they lived, ruled and ultimately united England.
- being authors and reading a classic book by Roald Dahl (The BFG) as well as a modern classic (Varjak Paw) written by SF Said.
- being geographers and looking at the continent of South America and discovering why every world map is essentially wrong!
- being artists and learning how shade creates tone and how different textures make a drawing hyper realistic.
If government guidelines allow, children in year four will get the opportunity to visit the living rainforest and explore the flora and fauna of South America.